Family ID & Healthy Roster FAQ's
1. What is Family ID? Family ID is the registration system used to allow you to register your athlete for Lincoln Athletics and allows Lincoln to gain basic information such as the sport your athlete is registering for, emergency contact info, medical history, etc.
2. How do I register? If you are a returning athlete and already have a Family ID account, Go to hello.familyid.com and click log in. (If you forgot your password, click on forgot password and walk through the steps). If you are a new athlete, go to hello.familyid.com and click on get started. Fill in the account information and then wait for the email that will be sent to you. Click on the link in the email, type in Lincoln High School and select Oregon. Then select which registration you are signing up for (i.e. Season 2 registration, Season 3 registration, etc.)
3. Why can’t I upload my physical to Family ID? While you are given the ability to upload physical or other documents to Family ID, we ask you not to do this. We have to have a hard copy of each athlete’s physical and as we have hundreds of athletes each season, it is unrealistic for us to go find each individual’s physical and print it. We ask that you bring a hard copy of any physical to the Athletics office.
4. Why do I have to register on Family ID each season and not just once for the year? We ask that every athlete register for each sport and each season on Family ID as it is a way for us to have the latest and up to date information for your athlete and it is the easiest way for us to be able to communicate with athletes signed up for a particular season and/or sport.
5. How do I edit my Family ID account? Log in to your Family ID account, Click on viewer edit my registrations, Click on the down arrow next to Summary and then click on edit, edit whatever information you need and press save at the bottom.
HEALTHY ROSTER FAQ’S
1. What is Healthy Roster? Healthy Roster is the system our athletic trainer uses to document any injuries sustained by your athlete at a Lincoln athletic event or that will affect their play for an athletic event. Healthy Roster is also the system used to send and collect all COVID screenings needed by athletes currently participating in Lincoln athletics.
2. Do I need to download the app or create a healthy roster profile? Technically no but we do urge you to do so. Healthy Roster is the easiest and fastest way to reach the athletic trainer about your athlete’s injuries. It is HIPAA compliant, meaning it is a safe and appropriate way to discuss medical information whereas email, text, etc are not.
3. Can I log into my healthy roster account to do my COVID screening? No. The COVID screening needs to be completed via the email that is sent out to the email that was given in FAMILY ID for the athlete. If the email given was a parents and you want to change that, please see the FAMILY ID FAQ section on how to edit FAMILY ID information.
4. I’m not getting a COVID screening….what do I do? First thing to do is check to see what email it is being sent to. You can do this by logging into Family ID and looking to see what email was placed in the participant’s email section. If you know what email the screening is going to and you still are not receiving it, search your junk/spam folders to make sure it is not being delivered there. If you still are not receiving the screenings, either change the email address to something else in FAMILY ID or contact Jamie Mitz at email@example.com .
Here's a link to the OSAA's announcement to push back the start of Season 2, 3, & 4.
We have been approved to hold outdoor practices at Jackson Middle School! All practices will be weekdays from 4-5:30. Athletes need to be cleared in FamilyID with a valid physical on file. Links to both the registration and blank physical exam forms are above. The up to date list of sports offered during Season 1 is on the FamilyID registration page. ALL athletes and coaches must wear a mask at ALL times.
Here's the process:
We are still hopeful that PPS will approve our participation in Season 1 (non-contact, socially distanced outdoor workouts for athletes) soon. Our league and district leadership look forward to our approval rolling out with the approval of other programs at the same time.
Please continue to turn in new physical exam forms (link to a blank form is above). They are good for two years. If you are unsure whether or not your physical has expired, please log back into Family ID and look at your registration summary. If you cannot find it, have no fear! Email AJ Valencia (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jessica Russell (email@example.com) and we can look it up for you.
Once we have approval to begin Season 1, an email blast will go out to the school community with a link to the online registration. The registration will include club sports.
We are hoping to begin "Season 1" of PIL athletics soon. Season 1 will be a non-competitive pre-season for all PIL sports and as many club sports as we can accommodate! Students will have the opportunity to engage with coaches and teammates. To learn more about the athletic calendar this year, see the OSAA media release from this summer.
The District Athletics Office has submitted a recommendation to Portland Public Schools with the hopes of engaging our student athletes in their respective sports in a safe, healthy, and positive way. Although there are no guarantees regarding dates and parameters at this time, I recommend that you log into FamilyID and check that your athlete's physical is still valid. An athlete needs a physical every two years. Here is a link to a blank form. These can be mailed or faxed to the school. Questions about registration or eligibility can be sent to Assistant AD AJ Valencia (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me. I will send out a link to registration and more details about Season 1 as soon as possible.
School fax number: 503-916-2700
School address: 1600 SW Salmon Street, Portland, OR 97205
How to check if your physical is up to date:
The Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) released their athletics and activities calendar for the 2020-21 school year and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) released their Statewide Reopening Guidance for K-12 School Sports, so we have a better idea about what sports will look like next year. Both documents were released last week. Below is what we know about the 2020-2021 athletic year.
OSAA and OHA have approved sports practices for all sports and contests for some sports to begin on August 31st (called Season 1). It is scheduled to run through December 28. Since Multnomah County is still in Phase 1, PPS has not approved this August 31 start date. I will email all LHS families and update this page when PPS announces their Season 1 start date. Until we begin Season 1, all PPS athletic facilities remain closed.
The regular sports seasons will be condensed and the fall season has moved. The winter season will be first (Season 2) in January and February, Season 3 will be fall sports in March and April, and Season 4 will be spring sports in May and June. The seasons will overlap a bit, so the coaches and I will work together to help students navigate the situation when it arises. Many of our athletes already run into this dilemma when their teams make a deep playoff run.
OSAA announced all athletes will need an up to date physical exam form to participate in any season this year (including Season 1). Physicals are good for two years. If your athlete has already registered in FamilyID, you can see their physical expiration date after logging back in. If you need to update your physical exam, a link to the form is here. Once it is completed, please mail it to the school, c/o the the athletic department. Questions about registration? Please email Assistant AD AJ Valencia.
Finally, we have two coaching openings (boys basketball and girls soccer) that will be filled when we return to virtual school in the fall. The applications will remain open until filled, so if you know of a strong candidate, please encourage them to apply! The application is on the district website.
Feel free to reach out to head coaches if you have sport-specific questions. Their contact info is available on the Contact Us page on this website.
Lincoln Bond Project Website