2023 OSAA State Championships Info
All - here is the latests from OSAA:
6A, 5A and 6A/5A Girls Wrestling Championships
Sunday, February 26:
- 6:30am meet at North Stage Entrance with Participant Pass and ID
- 7am weigh in
- Sunday: wrestling would begin at 9am with championship matches concluding at approximately 1pm.
Heads in the game - get in a workout. Keep the competitive mindset!!!!
Follow us on Instagram @lhscardinal.wrestling
2022-23 LHS Wrestling Team:
Feb1 - Teacher Appreciation Night/Senior Night
- 3:30pm set up in main gym at LHS
- 4pm weigh in
- 4:30pm JV wrestling
- 6:00pm LHS Varsity Dual 1 vs RHS - TEACHER APPRECIATION!!!
- 7:30pm LHS Varsity Dual 2 vs BHS - SENIOR NIGHT!!!
Schedule link updated below - check it out for further info about future events!
Donate to the general funds that enable us to function. Thank you! Lincoln Cardinal Wrestling
Come support our teammates in the off season:
- Girls Soccer JV Red game vs Jesuit: Oct 19th 4:30pm @ Jesuit
- Varsity Football game vs Jefferson: Oct 21st 7pm @ Wells HS
- Cross Country District meet: Oct 26th 4pm @ Lents Park
Let's show up in our LHS Wrestling hoodies, tshirts, or anything CARDINAL you have!!!
OregonianLive Article featuring our Lincoln Girls Wrestling Team in the inaugural season for Oregon Girls!!!
Links of Basic Skills and Exemplary Wrestling:
- Spencer Lee - ArmBar
- Wow!!! - Underdog win!
Peninsula Wrestling Club - 700 N Rosa Parks Way
M/W/F - 5:30pm-7:30pm
T/Th - 8-9:30pm
Enter the room, introduce yourself to Coach Roy Pittman and Coach Hiag Brown, and get a Workout!
Wrestling Exercises to do AT HOME:
1st Period - 2 minutes
1. Move in your stance for 30 seconds (STANCE/MOTION/LEVEL CHANGE)
2. Jumping jacks for 30 seconds (Cardio)
3. Squats for 30 seconds (LIFT)
4. Pushups for 30 seconds (Strength)
2nd Period - 2 minutes
1. Plank for 30 seconds (Core)
2. Burpies for 30 seconds (LEVEL CHANGE)
3. Jump Squats (think Burpies without going flat to your belly) for 30 seconds (LIFT/LEVEL CHANGE)
4. Elbow to hand plank building for 30 seconds (alternating the hand you start with)
3rd Period - 2 minutes
1. Sit ups for 30 seconds (Core)
2. Mountain Climbers for 30 seconds (Cardio/Core)
3. Shoulder Touches from plank position (Core)
4. Moving in your stance for 30 seconds (STANCE/LEVEL CHANGE/MOTION)
Overtime - 2 minutes - DO YOU HAVE IT IN YOU TO "HURT LONGER" THAN YOUR OPPONENT?
1. 1 minute of setups: Snap Downs and Wrist Pulls - Ask family member or friend to help ;) (STANCE/MOTON/LEVEL CHANGE - with purpose of moving opponent)
2. 1 minute of pushups (Strength)
If you are willing to give 6-8 minutes, daily, to your wrestling training, you will be in great shape when we return to the mat. This less than 10 minute commitment will also provide you with an outlet for your stored up energy. For those who are intensely focused on mat success this season, push yourself to make this as “real” as possible. DO this as many days a week as possible, and do this workout once per hour for three, four, five hours. Treat it like a tourney - maximum matches in a day is five, so build up to it!
DECK OF CARDS:
Take a standard deck of cards and shuffle them. Place the stack face down and turn the first card over... BLACK Suites are Push ups and RED Suites are Sit ups. The face value tells you how many to do: 10 of Diamonds is 10 Sit ups while a 10 of Clubs means 10 Push ups. Jacks are 11, Queens are 12, Kings are 13 and Aces are 14... there are two jokers... ONE joker is 1 Push up WHILE the other joker is one Sit up. Finish the deck each day - however long it takes - get it done!
To keep in shape, and burn some extra calories, be sure to run at least one mile a day... if you can run more... do it.
100 Burpees in 10 minutes - do as many sets in a day as you can.
How often should you run and workout? That depends on what kind of shape do you want to be in when you return... ;)
Stay STRONG - GO CARDS!!!
Info to come...
IF YOU HAVE SKIN ISSUES: Print and fill out this document with your doctor