M/W/F: 4pm-5pm - Study Hall, rooms 116 & 117
T/TH: 4pm-5pm - Weight Room
M-F: 5pm - Leave LHS & walk to MLC. 5:30-7:30pm practice.
Looking forward to our Banquet!!!
- LHS Wrestling expects EVERYONE to finish the season's practices regardless of whether you qualified for future competitions or not. Your teammates need you in the room for support!!!
Peninsula Wrestling Club - 700 N Rosa Parks Way
M/W/F - 5:30pm-7:30pm
T/Th - 8-9:30pm
Enter the room, introduce yourself to Coach Roy Pittman and Coach Hiag Brown, and get a Workout!
Wrestling Exercises to do AT HOME:
1st Period - 2 minutes
1. Move in your stance for 30 seconds (STANCE/MOTION/LEVEL CHANGE)
2. Jumping jacks for 30 seconds (Cardio)
3. Squats for 30 seconds (LIFT)
4. Pushups for 30 seconds (Strength)
2nd Period - 2 minutes
1. Plank for 30 seconds (Core)
2. Burpies for 30 seconds (LEVEL CHANGE)
3. Jump Squats (think Burpies without going flat to your belly) for 30 seconds (LIFT/LEVEL CHANGE)
4. Elbow to hand plank building for 30 seconds (alternating the hand you start with)
3rd Period - 2 minutes
1. Sit ups for 30 seconds (Core)
2. Mountain Climbers for 30 seconds (Cardio/Core)
3. Shoulder Touches from plank position (Core)
4. Moving in your stance for 30 seconds (STANCE/LEVEL CHANGE/MOTION)
Overtime - 2 minutes - DO YOU HAVE IT IN YOU TO "HURT LONGER" THAN YOUR OPPONENT?
1. 1 minute of setups: Snap Downs and Wrist Pulls - Ask family member or friend to help ;) (STANCE/MOTON/LEVEL CHANGE - with purpose of moving opponent)
2. 1 minute of pushups (Strength)
If you are willing to give 6-8 minutes, daily, to your wrestling training, you will be in great shape when we return to the mat. This less than 10 minute commitment will also provide you with an outlet for your stored up energy. For those who are intensely focused on mat success this season, push yourself to make this as “real” as possible. DO this as many days a week as possible, and do this workout once per hour for three, four, five hours. Treat it like a tourney - maximum matches in a day is five, so build up to it!
DECK OF CARDS:
Take a standard deck of cards and shuffle them. Place the stack face down and turn the first card over... BLACK Suites are Push ups and RED Suites are Sit ups. The face value tells you how many to do: 10 of Diamonds is 10 Sit ups while a 10 of Clubs means 10 Push ups. Jacks are 11, Queens are 12, Kings are 13 and Aces are 14... there are two jokers... ONE joker is 1 Push up WHILE the other joker is one Sit up. Finish the deck each day - however long it takes - get it done!
To keep in shape, and burn some extra calories, be sure to run at least one mile a day... if you can run more... do it. How often should you run? That depends on what kind of shape do you want to be in when you return... ;)
Stay STRONG - GO CARDS!!!
OregonianLive Article featuring our Lincoln Girls Wrestling Team in the inaugural season for Oregon Girls!!!
Info to come...